[Insight-users] how to write a 3D volumetric image file into one dicom file?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 04:16:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Ming Chao <mingchao2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello ITKers,
> Is it possible to write a 3D volumetric image file into one dicom file in
> itk? Thanks,

Short version: no.
Long version: yes, if you use GDCM 2.x. I am assuming that by
volumetric image, you mean multiframe MR images, or multiframe CT
images ? If so there support in  GDCM 1.x was very poor. So unless you
actually understand what an Enhanced MR/CT Image Storage is, I would
recommend against doing so. If you input is not already in that
format, there is no real interest in doing so. BTW most PACS system I
know of still do not work properly with those new IODs.

Cheers
--
Mathieu