[Insight-users] one problem of searching stars from sky

Tao Dai uniquedai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:56:54 EDT 2009

Dear Luis and ITK list:

I am working on one project and trying to do some work like "finding
stars":  Assuming there're lots of stars (difference size/brightness) in the
night sky, I wanna extract those stars and calculate areas and brightness
for each.

What I am doing first is a binary thresholding
(itk:BinaryThresholdImageFilter) and it works well.  However, I don't know
how to define a cluster of bright points which make a single star. I don't
know if this make me clear. Let's try another way to clarify: how to know
which points are from the same star? any examples available in ITK?

Thanks for any input.

Tao