[Insight-users] ITK 3.16 Packages for Ubuntu Karmic Koala (9.10)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:23:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Paul Novotny <paul.novotny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just in time for Ubuntu’s latest release, the Karmic Koala (9.10), I
> have built new packages for the Insight Segmentation and Registration
> Toolkit. The packages include the recently released ITK 3.16 and WrapITK
> for Python. As usual, you can download them from my repository:
>
>  http://paulnovo.org/repository

Hi Paul,

  I still do not understand why you insist on building an outside
ubuntu package.

Ref:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/insighttoolkit

  What is wrong with the one in ubuntu ? Why not work with the
ubuntu-team to get issues fixed ? Why not work with the debian-med
team to get it fixed (earlier in the pipeline) ?

  BTW, I did post a couple of days ago about usage of CSWIG vs WrapITK
vs WrapITK. It seems you have chosen the solution #2 (the unmaintained
WrapITK shipped with ITK). Could you comment on your choice please ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu