[Insight-users] Using deformation fields when testing registration quality?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Oct 27 00:43:32 EDT 2009

You could also try metrics to compare deformation fields.

McCane, B., Novins, K., Crannitch, D. and Galvin, B., On Benchmarking
Optical Flow, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 84(1), pp
126-143, 2001

See Section 5 titled Error Metrics in [1]. It provides 2 metrics to
compare deformation fields. It also surveys other metrics used to
compare deformation fields in literature and illustrates their
shortcomings.

Their methods are openly available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/of-eval/files/ .

Motes : if you port them to ITK, and contribute it to IJ, I'd he happy
to include them in the toolkit.

karthik