[Insight-users] UnaryFunctorImageFilter and MetaDataDictionnary

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:21:30 EDT 2009

Luis,

I think this change should be removed. Julien wants the
MetaDataDictionary copied through the pipeline. CopyInformation just
copies the "meta" information (spacing, origin, direction, regions,
etc.).

We never provided the facility to pass the MetaDataDictionary through
the pipeline. I think we determined that the MetaDataDictionary could
get out of sync with the processed data as it passed through the
pipeline.

The current change is causing CastImageFilter to fail if the
dimensions of the input and output do not match.

Bill