[Insight-users] question about the resampler and imagewriter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 26 22:39:58 EDT 2009

Hi Lewes,

We will need more information....

1) By "resampler" do you mean the "itkResampleImageFitler" ?
     or are you referring to any of the specific resampling examples
     in the directory Insight/Examples/Filtering   ?

2) If you are using the itkResampleImageFilter
    then, please post to the list *all* the parameters
    that you are passing to this filter, including:

    2.1) Output Origing
    2.2) Output Spacing
    2.3) Output Direction   and

    The Transform that you are connecting to the
    resampling filter.

3) The case where you just read the image and write it
     back (without transformation), seem to indicate a
     problem with the Analyze image that you are using
     as input.  A common problem with Analyze is that
     this file format (in some versions..) only supports
     three specific anatomical orientations.

     Are you using a try/catch block around the Update()
     call of your reader and writer ?

4)  Please add a line, such as:

            reader->GetOutput()->Print( std::cout );

      Just after the call to

             reader->Update();

       and post the output that you get to the list.