[Insight-users] Using deformation fields when testing registration quality?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 26 22:07:29 EDT 2009

Hi Motes,

The direction of the Transform that is computed
by the ITK Image Registration framework is
explained in the ITK Software Guide:

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in Section:

     8.3.1 "Direction of the Transform Mapping"

in pdf-pages :

                          358 - 359.

Please pay special attention to

           Figure 8.7  in pdf-page 358.

In short:

    The Transform is such that it maps points
     from the coordinate system of the Fixed image
     to the coordinate system of the Moving image.