[Insight-users] Building ITK with multiple cores

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Fri Oct 23 21:48:43 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:00:44PM -0400, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Bill Lorensen wrote:
> >Bill,
> >
> >So how do we attend to this issue?
> >

> Best thing would be to go to a multi-core machine and enable the
> parts that cause trouble, and try it.  My guess is that a few
> add_dependency calls in the CMakeLists should fix the problem.
> Must be that some custom target is depending on the order that it
> appears in the CMakeLists file for it to work.
>
> So, what options cause the problem?

I'm pretty sure that

	ITK_CSWIG_TCL:BOOL=ON

will show the problem.  I actually build with both

	ITK_CSWIG_TCL:BOOL=ON
	ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON:BOOL=ON

I can send the full CMakeCache to anyone interested.

The Debian bug report [1] contains a build log that ends with an error typical of the problem.  Generally,
re-starting the build will pick up where it left of and will finish successfully.

-Steve