[Insight-users] reading unknown transform - how to itk::TransformFactory<TransformType>::RegisterTransform(); ???

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 22 13:56:11 EDT 2009

Hi Darren,

In principle, with a factory you only need to register
the additional transform types that you expect to read.

For example:

itk::TransformFactory<BSplineTransformType>::RegisterTransform();
itk::TransformFactory<TransformTypeA>::RegisterTransform();
itk::TransformFactory<TransformTypeB>::RegisterTransform();
itk::TransformFactory<TransformTypeC>::RegisterTransform();

and then read the transform file:

    reader->SetFileName( filename );
    reader->Update();

However, that still leaves you with the need of doing dynamic casts
on the list of transforms that is returned by the reader...

     Luis