[Insight-users] Loading DICOM RTStructs

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 21 17:59:21 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

1) Please log a bug ("Feature Request") In the MANTIS bug tracker:

          http://public.kitware.com/Bug/my_view_page.php

    To requesting the modification of the ITK installation procedure to
    use a single flat directory instead of the current set of subdirectories.

     I agree with you in that, this will make easier to use ITK from
     external project, even in the cases where they use CMake
     for configuration.

     We don't have headers with duplicate names (as far as I know)
     so name collisions shouldn't be an issue.

2) You may find useful to read the tutorial:

               http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html

     in particular:

     http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

     It will show you how to create a HelloWorld example from
     scratch.

     The same procedure is explained in the initial chapters of
      the ITK Software Guide

             http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

3)  I don't see why you would need to include "itkConfigure.h"
     in any program that uses ITK.

     If you have found that to be needed, you may be dealing
     with a larger configuration issue.

     Normally, including headers such as "itkImage.h" should
     do the trick.

     You may find useful to look at the many examples in the
      directory:

                             Insight/Examples/

4)  You may understand better the advantages of using CMake
     when you are confronted with the following scenarios:

        A)    Moving your project from one computer to another,
               (even when they have identical operating systems
                 and build environments).

        B)    Building your project in two (or more) different
                platforms.

         C)   Building projects that have dependencies on
                many third party libraries.

      Of course, you are not forced to use CMake in order to
      take advantage of ITK.