[Insight-users] Building ITK with multiple cores

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Oct 21 17:23:58 EDT 2009

On 10/20/09 2:56 PM, Bill Lorensen said:

>It should work. CMake should handle it, although I have seen
>intermittent problems with the intel compiler on linux.

I have not tried recently, but also experienced intermittent problems
using -j4, both with itk and vtk.  We removed the flag from our
dashboards because of this.

>For the time being you can do:
>
>make -k -j3;make -k -j3;make -k -j3;make -k -j3;
>
>You can file a bug report, but this is a pretty low priority item.

Regarding priority, I agree it's not gravely important, but know that
this problem prevents me (and perhaps others) from submitting more
dashboards.  This will be alleviated with ctest's new -j support, but
improving compilation performance would be very welcomed.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com