[Insight-users] Re sampleImageFilter and multithreading.

Pete79 pkoniusz at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:18:33 EDT 2009

Pete79 wrote:

> I'm running multiple threads which launch a subroutine which consists of
> the following:

Dear all. Shame to admit, though the chief issue was caused by my own
mistake. When setting up parameters of the affine transform, I set up only
firs 4 out of 6 matrix values which correspond to 2x2 covariance matrix.
Nonetheless, there are two more coefficient which correspond to shift. They
ended up initialised with random values (possibly large ones) - this kept
causing crashes and other odd behaviour. Now, I don't even limit number of
threads by SetNumberOfThreads per resampler and it works fine.

The only thing is I haven't got expected boost in processing time. When I
run two separate processes of the code, it seems often utilise only few
percent of the 8 cores I've got. At scarce peaks it gets 30%. I expected it
to reach 80/90 percent easily, especially that two independent processes run
bunch of threads simultaneously .... Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks!