[Insight-users] Fast marching and sigmoid coefficients

Samuele Dietler samuele_82 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 10:59:03 EDT 2009

Hello itk users,
i'm new user of itk and i have questions concerning
the sigmoid filter used for computing the speed image for the fast
marching filter. I have a 512X512X150 DICOM serie of images of a knee.
I have found some correct alpha and beta for a 2D image(i can segment a
bone in a slice) but when i apply these parameters to the 3D
segmentation seems does not work( i wait for really long time without
any results). There is a way for correctly computing the parameters
alpha and beta on the sigmoid filter for a correct 3D segmentation of
the images???
Thank you,
Samuele