[Insight-users] What is best registration setting for binary image matching?

Quy Pham Sy phamsyquybk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:13:27 EDT 2009

hi all,

I need to match two binary images. first image actually is a subset of
second one.
The corresponding transform  between two images is composition of
translation, isotropic scaling, and centered rotation.
I use CenteredSimilarity2DTransform for my transformation type.

In my current setting, i use: RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer,
MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric,
NearestNeighborInterpolateImageFunction.

But it takes more 6 minutes to finish a registration process.i think
it is long for two binary images.

Anyone know what type of setting (metric, optimizor...etc) i should
use in this case?

Thanks.
Quyps