[Insight-users] Factors

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Oct 14 10:33:25 EDT 2009

Does anybody know of an itk-ish (not requiring a library that isn't
already in ITK) factoring function?

I'm monkeying around with writing an MPI Fast Marching program I
mentioned earlier.

I'd like the region splits to have certain properties :
  1. each region should have at most one neighbor in each dimension.
  2. the number of regions should be exactly equal to the number of
     nodes.
  3. the splits should be roughly square (cubes or hyper-cubes).

itkImageRegionMultidimensionalSplitter produces only n^3 pieces,
itkImageRegionSplitter produces only slabs, and the splitter I've
already written produces pieces with more than 2 neighbors.

I figure if I can factor the number of splits then I can multiply the
least two of these factors together until I have ndims factors which
will become the number of splits in each dimension.

I could write the prime finding myself but I don't want it to become a
time sink.