[Insight-users] Need tutorial tu use Itk with VS2005

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Oct 13 09:58:18 EDT 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 8:16 AM, Daanen Vincent wrote:

>> 4) The best way to proceed is to CMake-ify your application,
>>     in this way, you entire project will be:
>>
>>       a) Configured with consistent options
>>       b) Setup for easy migration from one computer to another
>>       c) On Big step closer to becoming multi-platform.
>>

> One thing I do not know how to do is to specifiy different  include/
> link
> directories for debug/release and also different libraires (we use a
> decorated name for debug library: eg Toto.lib for release an
> TotoD.lib for
> debug ....) but i will find (i hope so :) )

Here is a quick macro that I use in my own projects to create
"decorated" names.

macro(StaticLibraryProperties targetName )
     if (WIN32 AND NOT MINGW)
         SET (DEBUG_EXTENSION "_d")
     else()
         SET (DEBUG_EXTENSION "_debug")
     endif()

     IF (WIN32 AND NOT MINGW)
         SET(LIBRARY_RELEASE_NAME "lib${targetName}" CACHE INTERNAL ""
FORCE)
         SET(LIBRARY_DEBUG_NAME "lib${targetName}${DEBUG_EXTENSION}"
CACHE INTERNAL "" FORCE)
     ELSE (WIN32 AND NOT MINGW)
         SET(LIBRARY_RELEASE_NAME "${targetName}" CACHE INTERNAL ""
FORCE)
         SET(LIBRARY_DEBUG_NAME "${targetName}${DEBUG_EXTENSION}"
CACHE INTERNAL "" FORCE)
     ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT MINGW)

     #-- Set the Debug and Release names for the libraries
     SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( ${targetName}
         PROPERTIES
         DEBUG_OUTPUT_NAME ${LIBRARY_DEBUG_NAME}
         RELEASE_OUTPUT_NAME ${LIBRARY_RELEASE_NAME}
     )
endmacro(StaticLibraryProperties)

And I call it like this:

add_library(MXALib STATIC ${MXALib_SRCS} )
target_link_libraries(MXALib )
StaticLibraryProperties( MXALib )

Hope that helps.

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net