[Insight-users] Cubic BSpline kernel Theory?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 12 18:39:25 EDT 2009

Hi Mottes:

You may find useful to look at the following tutorial:
http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/0/06/Insight-DeformableRegistration-BSplines.ppt

It will explain you how to derive the equations by performing
successive convolutions with basic kernels.

You will also find the explicit expression
for cubic B-Splines in the Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-spline#Uniform_cubic_B-splines