[Insight-users] mapping points from moving image to fixed image

John Drozd john.drozd at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 04:12:47 EDT 2009

Hello,

I used deformable registration using DeformableRegistration8.cxx to register
one brain subject from one person with another brain subject from another
person.  I now have a deformation field file that was outputted from
deformableregistration8.cxx.  I was reading on the internet the following
link http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2009-April/030004.html that
describes how to map points from the fixed image to the moving image using a
deformation field.  If i want to map points from the moving image to the
fixed image, can I use the same procedure but take the negative of the
deformation field, and if so how can i negate the deformation field and use
it with ResampleImagefilter? My logic is that when you take the negative of
a vector, this reverses its direction.

Thank you,

john

--