[Insight-users] RGBGibbsPriorFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 8 09:29:11 EDT 2009

Hi Barry,

Yes, as you pointed out,
This filter is not up to the standards of ITK.

This is a very old contribution to the toolkit, that predates the
code quality control process that we have now in place for
accepting contributions.

Our process today is a lot more stringent:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Procedure_for_Contributing_New_Classes_and_Algorithms

Normally we would avoid moving a class that has been in the toolkit
for a long time, due to Backward Compatibility concerns, but
if you have established that the class is not functional we could
remove it, or at least move it out to the Code/Review directory.

Please note that we are also looking forward to a large scale
reorganization of the toolkit for ITK 4.0.

That will be an opportunity to get rid of many dead-weight classes,
as well as for removing any known Patented methods from the
toolkit.