[Insight-users] LBFGS with Centered2DTransform: All points mapped to outside of the moving image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 8 09:08:53 EDT 2009

Hi Felix,

Thanks for letting us know of your progress.

All ITK optimizers have the same API for setting the
scaling parameters array.

However, the Optimizer parameters themselves
are very unique to every optimizer. Therefore, you
have to familiarize yourself with the optimizer
parameters that control the equivalent of the
"Step length" concept.

This is critical, because it may be responsible from
jumping to a position that is too far in the parametric
space, and therefore results on your image fixed
image not overlapping any longer with the moving
image.