[Insight-users] AnisotropicDiffusionVesselEnhancementImageFilter Fails Tests

Constantine Zakkaroff mnkz at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 8 05:26:10 EDT 2009

Dear ALL,

I've been trying to run the tests for Vessel Enhancing
Diffusion Filter
[http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/163]; the test
terminates with a segfault while while generating tensor matrix. Here's
terminal output:

Reading input image : CroppedWholeLungCTScan.mhd
Enhancing vessels.........: CroppedWholeLungCTScan.mhd
Iteration:      0
Computing vesselness for scale with sigma= 0.4
Computing vesselness for scale with sigma= 0.514933
... ... ...
Computing vesselness for scale with sigma= 5
Generate tensor matrix:

==>> This is where it segfaults.

I've tried to look into the cause and it appears things start to get
sour in itkConstNeighborhoodIterator.h, when virtual PixelType
GetPixel(const unsigned i) const is called with i = 22, but the
m_DataBuffer in the Neighbourhood object has only 20 elements in it.

I first posted this question a few weeks ago just before 3.16 release
date but did not get a response---I guess there were other bigger things
on the agenda. Or would it be more appropriate to post this question in
the developers mailing list?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Constantine