[Insight-users] Explaining Vesselness getting Eigen Vectors

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Oct 7 13:36:58 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 14:38 -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Yes,
> use Open Source Software like OpenOffice for your presentation.
> Way to go !!!

We even got our boss to use it last week!

Just to "close the loop" (Neuroscience talk for feedback) I've poasted
my presentation, at http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/NIDAGroupTalk/

> Note however that in the case:
>
> A)  itkEigenAnalysis2DImageFilter, once you get the principal
>       eigenvector, the second one is orthogonal to it.  Therefore
>       you could simply plot the principal one...  and if you really
>       want to show the other you can display:
>
>                         (  Vx, Vy  )  = principal,  and
>                         ( -Vy,  Vx )  = secondary one

I really need to retake matrix theory..

> C) This is as hard as running the EigenAnalysis class in an ImageIterator
>       loop and storing the output in a Vector image.

In the end I went the iterator way :

http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/NIDAGroupTalk/EigVect.cxx

> BTW: Please note that it is quite straight forward to plot this using
>       Paraview:

Gah! I always forget about the calculator in ParaView.

>  Good luck with your presentation,

Thank you.