[Insight-users] Segmented volume scaling problem, why its working with 2D and not with 3D?

Juliette Deniau juliette.deniau at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 7 07:41:09 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,
Thank you very much for your answer.
I tried your code and it is working for my data, thanks. However, what is wrong in my code is not the size (I compute it as you did) but it’s in the statement code:
resampler->SetOutputDirection ( reader->GetOutput()->GetDirection());
which I do not include in my code. Actually I do not set the direction of my resamopling filter(I have not find such thing elsewhere !).
I have another question regarding how you compute the output size. In your code you do the following:
outputSize[i] = static_cast<SizeValueType>(inputSize[i] * inputSpacing[i] / outputSpacing[i] + .5);
my question is why you add the 0.5 to the outputSpacing[i]? what I’m doing to compute the size is the follwing:
outputSize[i] = (inputSize[i] * inputSpacing[i] / outputSpacing[i]);
Regards
Juliette