[Insight-users] Explaining Vesselness getting Eigen Vectors

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Oct 6 14:38:04 EDT 2009

Hi Kevin,

Yes,
use Open Source Software like OpenOffice for your presentation.
Way to go !!!

About the eigenvectors, you already listed the available options:

Note however that in the case:

A)  itkEigenAnalysis2DImageFilter, once you get the principal
      eigenvector, the second one is orthogonal to it.  Therefore
      you could simply plot the principal one...  and if you really
      want to show the other you can display:

                        (  Vx, Vy  )  = principal,  and
                        ( -Vy,  Vx )  = secondary one

B)  itkSymmetricEigenAnalysisImageFilter could be easily copy-pasted
     and modified, in order to build a filter that computes the eigenvectors,
     instead of the eigenvalues.

C) This is as hard as running the EigenAnalysis class in an ImageIterator
      loop and storing the output in a Vector image.

BTW: Please note that it is quite straight forward to plot this using
      Paraview:    www.paraview.org

      Ploting vector fields with paraview is discussed in the
      ITK Software Guide

             http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

 Good luck with your presentation,