[Insight-users] Algorithm to resample anisotropic volume

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:03:06 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Darren Weber
<darren.weber.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Luis et al.,
>
> The ITK software guide has some good warnings about avoiding severe
> anisotropy of pixel dimensions in 3D volumes (pp. 242-247 in printed book).
> I have a situation where microscopy has been used to obtain digital images
> of sections that were sliced by microtome at 0.5 micrometers thickness (Z),
> with the XY pixel spacing at about 0.055 micrometers.  I'm told that it's
> about the best that can be done with this method of imaging.
>
> In early work MRI volumes, there was an interesting method proposed by Dale
> & Sereno (1993; see pp. 8-9, esp. Fig. 1, and Appendix B on p. 17).  Is
> there an algorithm in ITK that implements this sort of linear algebra?
>
> Download a PDF of this paper here:
> ftp://ftp.buckinstitute.org/dweber/MEG_EEG_source_DaleSereno1993.pdf
>
> Kind regards,
> Darren

@ARTICLE{DaleSereno1993,
  author = {Dale, Anders M. and Sereno, Marty I. },
  title = {Improved localization of cortical activity by combining {EEG} and
        {MEG} with {MRI} cortical surface reconstruction: A linear
approach},
  journal = {J Cogn Neurosci},
  year = {1993},
  volume = {5},