[Insight-users] Open/Close operation just within a mask

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 8 14:28:11 EST 2009

Hi Roman,

0) The term "DilationByRecontruction" in
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OpeningByReconstructionImageFilter.html

     seems to be a typo, since we don't have such
     an operation.

1) It seems that we have misinterpreted your need
    here.

Let me suggest then the following:

a) Take the input image and the mask,
     pass them to the MaskImageFilter,
b)  pass the output of the MaskImageFilter
     to the Opening filter,
c)  Take the original input image and the
     mask and pass them to the Negated
     Mask filter
d)  Finally make an OR of the output of
     the opening filter and the negated mask
     filter.

Yes... this takes a lot more memory and
processing time, but at least seems to be
the actual process that you want to accomplish.