[Insight-users] Fast Marching for arbitrary interfaces

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 20 22:54:51 EDT 2009

Hi Amardeep

The implementation of FastMarching in ITK is initialized using
seed points.

If you already have an initial front (as opposed to a set of
seed points) then you can use the

               ShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter

and set the curvature weight to zero. In those conditions this
filter will preform a front propagation similar to Fast Marching.