[Insight-users] WrapITK - reading image url data

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu May 14 03:31:31 EDT 2009

Le 14 mai 09 à 02:34, sharath at cs.ucsb.edu a écrit :

> Hi Gaetan,

Hi Sharath,

> Thanks for the quick reply on my query on UL data type in WrapITK.
>
> I want to read an image (url data) and use itk segmentation routines
> on it. I am working in Python. I read that ITK supports reading a
> network image. Is there a support for the same in wrapitk ?

I don't think that feature is supported yet in ITK. There is a quite
nice proposition in that way on the Insight Journal, but I don't think
that's integrated yet.

> Currently I am planning to use PIL Image open( ) function which can
> take in a url as input, get the image data using load ( ), and set
> the data to an empty ITK image. Is there a better way to do this?

If PIL can produce a numpy array, then it can be easily converted to
an ITK image with PyBuffer. It should be quite easy.

Otherwise, you may want to download the image in a local file and open
it with a standard ITK reader.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--