[Insight-users] Histogram Equalization for Tiled Image

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed May 6 10:12:47 EDT 2009

I have an image that is made up of tiles. Each tile is about 1200 x
900 pixels and the combined image is about 6 tiles horizontally and 9
tiles vertically. Each Tile was acquired through an optical
microscope. The problem I have is when I "stitch" all the tiles
together into a combined image there are contrast differences between
each tile. I have been trying to search through the ITK doxygen pages
and the example codes that come with ITK to try and figure out how to
apply some sort of Histogram Equalization routine so that all the
tiles have the same contrast but I can not seem to find something that
explains/shows how to setup a general pipeline for this use case.
     Are there some examples some where that I might have missed?

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net