[Insight-users] Registration Problem

Fischer, Sven Sven.Fischer at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jun 24 08:47:54 EDT 2009

Hi Dan,

thank you for your answer.
I did as you said and found that the registration works when I change fixed and moving image. It seems like it works when the moving image is the image where I have less 'information'. But it would be nice when it would work in both directions. And I'm afraid that it will not work again when in both images is a relative big amount of information. It seems like the choice of the optimizer settings, like Min and Max Step Length, Relaxation Factor and Gradient Magnitude Tolerance, and also other settings have a big influence on the registration. So is there some rule for setting them? I already read somewhere in the Mailing List that the Max Step Length should be 10 times the largest image spacing and Min Step Length half the smallest, but also this gives not always a good solution.

Regards
Sven