[Insight-users] Mesh to mesh registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jun 24 00:09:14 EDT 2009

Hi Josu,

Thanks for trying the MeshToMesh registration framework
and for reporting back.

Please note that this framework is intended to register the
scalar fields associated with the nodes of two spherical  meshes.

It is not intended to perform a point-based registration
(such as ICP (iterative closest point) ).

Therefore , it is expected that the meshes that you provide
as input will have the following three characteristics:

    A)  The points are placed in the surface of a sphere

    B)  PointData (PixelType) associated to every point
          in the mesh is a scalar value.

    C) The topology of the mesh is such that it represents
          a discretization of 2D manifold embedded in a 3D
          space. (e.g. the typical case of a 2D surface surrounding
          a 3D object.

Please note also that the code must be build against a
CVS version of ITK.  Since many of the classes depend
on code that is in the Insight/Code/Review directory.

Try updating your CVS checkout of ITK, then recompiling
the Mesh to Mesh registration code, and let us know if
you still find any problem.