[Insight-users] Problem with: MetricType::Pointer metric = MetricType::New()

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 06:11:28 EDT 2009

I have this class:

class MyImgReg{
public:

    static const unsigned int Dimension = 2;
    typedef float PixelType;
    typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension > FixedImageType;
    typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension > MovingImageType;
    typedef itk::TranslationTransform< double, Dimension > TransformType;
    typedef itk::RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer OptimizerType;
    typedef itk::MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric< FixedImageType,
MovingImageType > MetricType;
    typedef itk:: LinearInterpolateImageFunction< MovingImageType, double >
InterpolatorType;
    typedef itk::ImageRegistrationMethod<FixedImageType, MovingImageType >
RegistrationType;

    void setupComponents(){
        MetricType::Pointer metric = MetricType::New();

    }
};

I call it from main:

int main( int argc, char* argv[] ){
    MyImgReg reg;
    reg.setupComponents();
   return 0;
}

But get the error:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void
__thiscall itk::CostFunction::PrintSelf(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > &,class itk::Indent)const "
(?PrintSelf at CostFunction@itk@@MBEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@
@@std@@VIndent at 2@@Z)

Using Visual Studio 2008.

I works fine if I just have everything in the main function, but I prefer to
split things up in smaller chunks, any ideas?