[Insight-users] Accessing ITK from R

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:48:23 EDT 2009

The integration with R mentioned there looks pretty minor -
transforming data into an R readable format. If all you are after is a
way of reading nifti files in R then there are a few options
available. There is a package on cran that does it, but is broken for
big files. I've written a pure R interface that uses the internal IO
commands, so no C to compile and it works with big files. It is
extremely basic but anyone who wants it is welcome.