[Insight-users] 3D segmentation of LUNGS ( Region growing algorithm ) Need help

wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn
Wed Feb 18 08:28:51 EST 2009

Hi,

I'am using VTK and Qt4 for volume rendering.

I'm trying to define values of pixel that define LUNGS.

I assigned opacity to each pixel by checking its intensity value  with
Hounsfield Units values.

I  obtained a volume that contains the lungs and skin/air.

I varied the opacity values to eliminate the skin that surrounds the lungs
but I have not succeeded.

VTK users asked me to do a segmentation (region growing algorithm ) to
display ONLY the lungs.

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2009-February/099524.html

Can you help me?

How do I proceed (ITK-VTK)?

Have you an example of 3D segmentation (region growing algorithm)?

Regards, Wassim