[Insight-users] what next after hello world??

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 08:16:44 EST 2009

Hi Kiti,

Welcome to ITK!

I would start with the links on the help page:
    http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/help.html

I can definitely recommend reading the Software Guide:
    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

If you're interested in converting to other file formats, then you
should read Chapter 7 "Reading and writing images".

Concerning "usable" image formats, if you're dealing with volumes,
then I would recommend a 3-D format (like Meta or NRRD) over a 2-D
format:
    http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_File_Formats

The code examples (in the Examples folder) provide a good overview of
the basic functionality available. The examples in "Examples/IO" will
help you get started converting between formats. Then you have the
Applications (you need to download these separately:
http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html) which put the basic
functions to use.

Hope this helps get you started.

Cheers, Dan