[Insight-users] Hessian format for SymmetricEigenAnalysisImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Dec 11 20:39:22 EST 2009

Hi Alex,

The order for the Hessian follows the same
pattern of the class

   Insight/Code/Common/
          itkSymmetricSecondRankTensor.h

The elements store only the upper right triangle
of the actual matrix.

For example, in 3D you get
the following pattern

                0  1  2
                    3  4
                        5

All that to say:

   Yes,
   the order that you are using is correct:

                Dxx  Dxy    Dxz
                         Dyy   Dyz
                                  Dzz

BTW:
You may want to use (or at least look) the filter:

   Insight/Code/BasicFilters/
        itkHessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.h