[Insight-users] (no subject)

URI zallen at wheelinghospital.com
Wed Dec 2 12:59:42 EST 2009

Luis-

Thanks for trying to help me work this out.

1.  I do not believe that I am using ccmake, I wouldn't even know how to do
that.  I am just using the CMake gui that was placed in my Start menu by the
CMake installer which I got here:
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/cmake-2.6.4-win32-x86.exe.  Also, I am not
using MinGW because I have any special affinity for it, it was just the only
way I could figure out to install gcc under Windows.  I installed it by
running the installer that I found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/.  I didn't do any special
configuration for either MinGW or CMake, I just ran the installers and let
them do their thing.

2.  I'm not really sure how to answer this question, I don't know very much
about this "building" and "makefiles" stuff.  The programming that I am used
to doing is coding in Visual C++ and then just compiling it, I am new to
this technique of using CMake.  I am following the instructions given in
chapter 2 of the ITK Software Guide
(http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf).  Maybe this guide is outdated,
because if you look at the image on page 15 you will see an image of CMake
1.6 and I am using 2.6, but the interface is still similar.  I have set the
"source code directory" to the directory called "Code" in my CMake
installation and the "build binaries directory" to a bin directory that I
created in my CMake installation.  Then when I hit "Configure" for the first
time a window pops up that says "Specify the generator for this project" and
I select "MinGW Makefiles" from the list.  There is also a box checked that
says "Use default native compilers".

3.  There is a value of "C:/Program Files/Project" in the
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX variable, but I didn't put it there, CMake did that on
its own.  As a side note, the ITK manual says to set the variables
BUILD_TESTING=OFF and BUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF, but I don't see these variables in
the variable list, even if I choose "Advanced View" from the drop down.

All the errors I get are in various CMakeLists.txt files in the
subdirectories of the "Code" directory.  If I open them and look at the
lines that are giving me errors, I find the something similar in all of
them:

IF(NOT ITK_INSTALL_NO_LIBRARIES)
  INSTALL(TARGETS ITKCommon itkvnl_inst
    RUNTIME DESTINATION ${ITK_INSTALL_BIN_DIR_CM24} COMPONENT
RuntimeLibraries
    LIBRARY DESTINATION ${ITK_INSTALL_LIB_DIR_CM24} COMPONENT
RuntimeLibraries
    ARCHIVE DESTINATION ${ITK_INSTALL_LIB_DIR_CM24} COMPONENT Development)
ENDIF(NOT ITK_INSTALL_NO_LIBRARIES)

CMake identifies the second line above as the source of this error: install
TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target "ITKCommon".