[Insight-users] help building ITK with WrapITK

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 19 09:05:44 EDT 2009

Dear Robert,

2009/8/19 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>:
> Le 19 août 09 à 13:05, Atwood, Robert (DLSLtd,RAL,DIA) a écrit :
>> Hi.
>> As promised in my previous mail, I do indeed have a help request involving
>> WrapITK.
>
>> 82 [ 74%] Building CXX object
>> Wrapping/CSwig/SwigRuntime/CMakeFiles/SwigRuntimePython.dir/swigrunPython.o
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> A few comments (sorry, it won't help for your build problem):
> * You shouldn't turn ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON on when using wrapitk. You may have
> some conflicts...
> * The version of swig used in cable swig is quite old. With python 2.6, it
> will produce some annoying warnings for each imported module. With python
> 2.6, you should prefer wrapitk 0.3.0: http://wrapitk.googlecode.com

Just in case you might like to try an easy way building everything
(ITK 3.14, WrapITK 0.3.0, python, cmake, swig):

mkdir working_dir # somewhere where you have about 15G of space
cd working_dir
svn checkout http://devide.googlecode.com/svn/branches/v9-8/johannes -r 3785
python johannes/bootstrap.py -w . # this will setup build dirs and
download + build python 2.6.2
source jpython_setup_env.sh
which python # check that this is the newly-built python
python johannes/johannes.py -w . -p "cmake,itk,cableswig,swig,wrapitk"

You will end up with a fully configured, built and locally-installed
(all in your working-dir) Python 2.6.2, cmake 2.6.4, ITK 3.14,
CableSwig 3.14, swig 1.3.39, WrapITK 0.3.0.  I made johannes for
building the whole DeVIDE system which includes more libraries such as
numpy, matplotlib, gdcm, vtk, etc.