[Insight-users] Registration / affineTransform / translation problem

Yoann Moreau yoann.moreau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:26:49 EDT 2009

 Hey everyones !

I have a problem with ImageRegistration :

I'm trying to register images (a  Fixed image and a Moving one (same image
but which I applied to a scaling, translation and rotation transform).

I 've obtain excellent results when I applied only a rotation and a scalling
transformation.I based my code on ImageRegistration9.cxx and use a an
AffinTransform based on MatesMultualInformation for the metric,
 RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer for the optimizer.

Therefore as soon as I applied a translation Translation in X, Y,
translation factors are still very low ( near to 0) and results for other
factors determination tion are worse.

I supposed the problem come from Optimizer Scales and more precisely  from
adjustment of TranslationFactors towards rotation and scaling factor.
I try recommandation "to use a factor proportional to the diagonal length of
the image", Therefore I'm working on Satellite images with a resolution of
10 m by pixel.
Resultts using that estimation are worse. Have you got an idea of how I can
solve my problem with translation factors determination ?

reference :
 http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2004-July/009558.html