[Insight-users] [insight-users] use of wrapITK in ParaView?

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 7 04:05:19 EDT 2009

2009/8/7 Pierre JUILLARD <pierre.juillard at gmail.com>:
> What would be the simplest way to have a first experience with ITK?
>
> I was thinking to try it in ParaView to benefit from a tool allowing me easy
> visualisation of ITK class test results.
>
> Thus I would like to know if there is a "turn-key" possibility to use ITK
> classes via python scripting in ParaView?
> I saw that to use ITK classes in python scrip, one can use wrapITK. However,
> it is not that straightforward as one has to compile first ITK, then wrapITK
> using CMake.

You could also try DeVIDE. :)  It comes with VTK and ITK out of the
box, it's all Python with introspection windows everywhere, and it
installs on Windows and Linux without touching a compiler or a script
of any kind.  It's also BSD open source.  The current stable release
is 9.1 (with the built-in wrapitk Python wrappings), I'm currently
busy working on 9.8 (this will have the new WrapITK 0.3.0), to be
released in the next few days.  (If Brad King can make gccxml magic
happen on win32 that is... :)

The website is at http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/Projects/DeVIDE

You can read about the exciting new changes in 9.8 on the blog:
http://devidenews.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/9-8-the-biggest-release-ever/

See you,
Charl