[Insight-users] Installation ITK: CMake error

Serena Fabbri fabbri at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:50:26 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I have a problem with installation of ITK on MAC.
(I am a new both ITK and Both MAC, too.)

I downloaded CMake 2.6-patch 2 and the last relise of ITK (3.8.0).
The error in Cmake windows are:

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
   No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

     cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

   should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
   if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
   information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error at Common/CMakeLists.txt:171 (INSTALL):
   install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target
   "ITKCommon".

CMake Error at Numerics/CMakeLists.txt:42 (INSTALL):
   install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target
   "ITKNumerics".

CMake Error at Numerics/Statistics/CMakeLists.txt:43 (INSTALL):
   install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target
   "ITKStatistics".

CMake Error at Numerics/FEM/CMakeLists.txt:169 (INCLUDE):
   include could not find load file:

     /CMake/itkCheckCXXAcceptsFlags.cmake

CMake Error at Numerics/FEM/CMakeLists.txt:170 (itkCHECK_CXX_ACCEPTS_FLAGS):
   Unknown CMake command "itkCHECK_CXX_ACCEPTS_FLAGS".

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Why? What can I do?
Thank you very much.

Serena.