[Insight-users] Using Orientation Information from Nifti header

Erik Türke erik_tuerke at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 11:30:17 EST 2008

Thanks for your Help, but unfortunately it seems that it doesnt solve my problems.

I try to explain my problem.

I have  two 3d nifti images. Both images have a different scale, rotation and shift. Those information are stored in the niftiheader.

When i read the nifti-images i use the OrientImageFilter to get the right orientation. I think the OrientImageFilter uses the spatial orientation information located in the nifti header. So this already works fine.
But how can i obtain the scale and shift information to rescale and translate my two images or at least one image, so i can superimpose them.

In the InsightApplication LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration you have the facility to see both images you have loaded one above the other.
But currently the scale and the location of the moving image (i guess the fixed image is the reference image) is incorrect.

Thanks for your help!