[Insight-users] has no member function

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 23:00:30 EST 2008

Hi pinpress,

Having a look at the code, Get/SetNumberOfSpatialSamples() are *not*
members of NormalizedMutualInformationHistogramImageToImageMetric or
any of its superclasses.

However, if ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS is defined then
Get/SetNumberOfSpatialSamples() *are* members of ImageToImageMetric
(see Code/Review/itkOptImageToImageMetric.h).

So it seems the online Doxygen documentation is generated with
ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS = ON.

I guess this means the Doxygen documentation is only valid for the
specific configuration of CMake flags from which it was generated. I
would have thought Doxygen is/should be generated with the default
CMake settings (seeing this is what most users will use).

Stephen: seeing you are the optimized registration guru, do you have
any further comments? This situation is somewhat misleading, but I
guess we do want to try to provide documentation for all users
(optimized or non-optimized)...

Regards, Dan