[Insight-users] Performance of ModifiedTime increments

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Thu Mar 13 04:43:08 EDT 2008

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your feedback! I should have searched more carefully.

>  itkTimeStamp does too, but only on Windows and Mac.  Which OS are you
>  using?  Which version of ITK?
My mistake... I should have looked in the CVS repository. I am using
ITK 3.4 on both mac and linux which were both suffering from the
botteneck since the optimization is only present in the CVS.

>  >It seems that this can be fairly
>  >easily done at least on gcc by using the __atomic_add function in the
>  >atomicity.h header file (see atomic_count.hpp in boost for a
>  >cross-platform implementation).
>
>  Indeed.  Care to try and submit a bug with patch?
I'll submit a bug report with a patch for gcc today or tomorrow.

Best,
Tom