[Insight-users] ITK / WrapITK build problems (Windows XP, VS2005)

Pierre Raybaut contact at pythonxy.com
Thu Jun 26 06:36:40 EDT 2008

 Hi all,

After some issues with MinGW and VS2003, I am currently trying to build ITK
and WrapITK with Visual Studio 2005 SP1 on Windows XP (with Python 2.5).

First, I have built CableSWIG-ITK (no error), and then I have tried to build
ITK with WrapITK enabled: during the process VS2005 crashes... and when I
start again the project generation, here is the log that I obtain (sorry:
that is a french version of VS2005...).

(FYI, I have successfully built VTK w. Python 2.5 wrapping, with the same
configuration)

Thanks a lot for your help!
Building ITK is really painful, even if I'm certain it's worth it.

A good reason to help me building it: I could really do some publicity for
ITK by including it into Python(x,y), a scientific-oriented Python / Qt /
Eclipse distribution (http://www.pythonxy.com).

Thanks,
Pierre