[Insight-users] Design question when using ITK classes

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 20 07:04:22 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

A quick question about using ITK classes. I am using C++ and am having a bit
of trouble understanding how I can use the templated classes without
instantiating for every possible type combination.

A simple example:

I have a custom file reader where the data type and dimensions are something
that is only available at run time..

So, now if I want to have a class member that uses a reader, I have to
somehow define these template parameters at runtime... What I wanted was to
have one reader which has one instance of the ImageImportFilter instance.
However, to declare this class I need to define the template parameters for
the ImportImageFilter at design time. So, now if a file is inputted with a
different input data type and a dimension, I am stuck!

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Anja