[Insight-users] Attribute opening in 3D images

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Dec 19 06:17:26 EST 2008

Le 19 déc. 08 à 11:46, David Pastor a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> First, just say hello to everybody (this is my first go on the
> mailing list).
>
> We are using ITK for some image processing based on morphology and
> I'm missing some attribute openings (closings) filters on the API.
> I'd like to know if there is some ongoing work on that or there is
> some code that i can reuse to build up a solution.
>
> I've seen there is an implementation of a Priority Queue... but
> maybe it would be better to use some other potentially faster
> implementations like Max trees or Union Sets algorithms.

Hi,

I've contributed some code both for the grayscale and the binary case.
The grayscale version is based on max trees - I've called them
component trees. Both are usable (and used) now, but the one for the
grayscale case still lacks some doc.
You can get it from the insight journal or from the main repository to
get the last improvements/fixes.

Binary case:

   http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/176
   http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/
binaryAttributeMorphology/

Grayscale case:

   http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/210
   http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/componentTree/

Any comments or improvements are welcome!

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann