[Insight-users] Build ITK and VTK in one step

Wagner Sales wsales at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:12:01 EST 2008

Hi Yves,

If you needs BOTH with shared libraries, edit the file CMakeLists.txt
from ITK ( I assume you are using ITK 3.10 ) in the line 138:

OPTION(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS "Build ITK with shared libraries." OFF)
Changing to:
OPTION(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS "Build ITK with shared libraries." ON)

This will make BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to default ON on ITK.
After a look in CMakeLists.txt from VTK, seems to me a little bit more
complicated to turn off the option, and I need expend some more time
to answer you.

Regards,

Wagner Sales