[Insight-users] Problems building ITK for MRIRegistration

Ken Urish ken.urish at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 05:26:41 EDT 2008

Hey all,

Im trying to get the Insight Application MRI Registration up and
running. This is the first time Ive tried wrapping ITK or installing
CableSWIG. When I try to build itk Im getting about 59 errors, mostly
a ton of warnings and three actual erros (below). An edited CMake cache is
below.

CMake asked for my Tk_Lib and TCL_Lib which I gave Tcl/lib/tk85.lib
and Tcl/lib/tcl85.lib

My questions:
1) Am I picking the right libraries?
2) Is there any way I should be configuring Cmake besides turning on the
"shared libraries" and "ITK_CSWIG_TCL" from a normal ITK build?
3) I am building normal insight - I want to make sure I dont need to
build the CableSwig-ITK.

Running:
1) ITK CVS download April 28, 08
2) VTK CVS download April 15ish, 08
3) TCL 8.5, downloaded window binaries

Errors I get:
1) itkwish fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'ITKIOTcl.lib'

2) C:\InsightCable\Code\Wrapping\CSwig\IO\itkTkImageViewer2D.cxx(117):
error C2660: 'Tk_PhotoSetSize' : function does not take 3 arguments

3) C:\InsightCable\Code\Wrapping\CSwig\IO\itkTkImageViewer2D.cxx(146):
error C2660: 'Tk_PhotoPutBlock' : function does not take 7 arguments

4) Lots of warnings and LNK erros about: MSVCP71.dll and many others

Thanks
--Ken--

EDITED CMAKE CACHE

########################
# EXTERNAL cache entries
########################

//Name of build on the dashboard
BUILDNAME:STRING=Win32-vs71

//Build source documentation using doxygen
BUILD_DOXYGEN:BOOL=OFF

//Build the Examples directory.
BUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=ON

//Toggle building shared libraries
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON

//Build the testing tree.
BUILD_TESTING:BOOL=ON

//The directory containing CableSwigConfig.cmake.
CableSwig_DIR:PATH=C:/cable/bin

//Path to gunzip executable
GUNZIPCOMMAND:FILEPATH=GUNZIPCOMMAND-NOTFOUND

//Value Computed by CMake
IOExamples_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/InsightCable/bin/Examples/IO

//Value Computed by CMake
IOExamples_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/InsightCable/Code/Examples/IO

//Dependencies for the target
ITKAlgorithmsTcl_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKAlgorithms;SwigRuntimeTcl;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl85.lib;

//Dependencies for the target
ITKBasicFiltersATcl_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKBasicFilters;SwigRuntimeTcl;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl85.lib;

//Dependencies for the target
ITKBasicFiltersBTcl_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKBasicFilters;SwigRuntimeTcl;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl85.lib;

//Dependencies for the target
ITKBasicFilters_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKCommon;

//Dependencies for the target
ITKCommonATcl_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKCommon;SwigRuntimeTcl;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl85.lib;

//Dependencies for the target
ITKCommonBTcl_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKCommon;SwigRuntimeTcl;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl85.lib;

//Dependencies for the target
ITKIOTcl_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKIO;SwigRuntimeTcl;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl85.lib;C:/Tcl/lib/tk85.lib;

//Dependencies for the target
ITKIO_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=ITKCommon;ITKNrrdIO;itkjpeg8;itkjpeg12;itkjpeg16;itkgdcm;itkpng;itkzlib;itktiff;ITKSpatialObject;ITKMetaIO;ITKDICOMParser;ITKEXPAT;ITKniftiio;

//Build cswig Java wrapper support
ITK_CSWIG_JAVA:BOOL=OFF

//Build cswig Python wrapper support (requires CableSwig).
ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON:BOOL=OFF

//Build cswig Tcl wrapper support (requires CableSwig).
ITK_CSWIG_TCL:BOOL=ON

//Value Computed by CMake
ITK_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/InsightCable/Code

//Turn on concept checking to give helpful errors at compile time
// if a type cannot be used as a template parameter.
ITK_USE_CONCEPT_CHECKING:BOOL=ON

//Turn on the experimental version of accelerated registration
// methods.
ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS:BOOL=OFF

//Turn on correct use of oriented images direction in gradient
// computation and image registration.
ITK_USE_ORIENTED_IMAGE_DIRECTION:BOOL=ON

//Build algorithms that are covered with Patents. It is YOUR responsibility
// to obtain a license from the patent holder in order to use these
// methods.
ITK_USE_PATENTED:BOOL=ON

//Build algorithms that are candidates to be included in the Toolkit.
// This classes are not covered by the Backward Compatibility Policy,
// nor the Copyright Policy of ITK.
ITK_USE_REVIEW:BOOL=ON