[Insight-users] some questions with the ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx

feng yang yalltroy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:19:35 EDT 2008

Hi, Luis,
   I have sent email to the Insight-users list several days ago,but just now
I search in the mailing list, and there isn't the lettre I have sent.Because
the attaching files are too big?

   My input is just the Landmark of a heart vector field(I have deleted the
part for reading the input image and get the deformed image in the
ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx,because I am not care about it), and the output is
the deformation field.
    I attached you the input file and the ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx I used in
my project. But it failed, so this time I just interpret the input file and
output file.The input file is the LandMark.txt,which includes original
coordinates and the terminal coordinates of the deformation.The Landmark
have located the heart in a local region,so it doesn't have the problem "the
landmarks are not located in space at the positions that you expect them to
be with respect to the image."
    In addition, I thought the TPS transform will tend to zero when the
distance tend to infinity,because for 3D TPS, the sum of the wi*r will be
wero smaller as the pixel is farther from the original Landmark. But I don't
think it's true for the 2D TPS, because the sum of the wi*r^2*logr will be
larger as the pixel is farther from the original Landmark. Is this a bug for
the 2D TPS?

The best way is to send the landMark.txt and mytps.cxx to you, is there
any method to do this?(Because the attached files are larger than 40k)

Thanks!

Feng